I am John, a youthful, I hope, 64 years old. I live close to the Lake District where I enjoy the fabulous scenery and walking. I enjoy travelling and visiting different places. I have a campervan and travel around the country in it, including recently exploring Scotland, Pembrokeshire and visiting folk festivals.
I am also happy to put my feet up at home with a book, watch some TV or a film or listen to music, especially in front of a real fire in winter. I have quite wide tastes in music including jazz, soul, rock, pop and folk.
I enjoy photography and cooking, although both probably require more practice, or talent! I love animals and have been vegetarian for over 30 years. I am a quiet person at first, and I do prefer small groups of close friends to a large social circle. I don’t take myself too seriously and am happy to laugh at my mistakes, foibles etc. when they are pointed out to me. I am happy to meet people just for friendship, but I am really hoping that this might lead to finding that one special person to share interests, experience new things, and also find happiness, humour and love together even when just doing the routine day to day things that inevitably seem to occupy so much time.
What sort of person am I looking for? There are infinite variations in people’s personalities and I think it is impossible to predict where that spark might happen. You have to be open to new people and experiences and see where that takes you. However, for me the values and life experiences that have brought you to being vegetarian or vegan are a fundamental starting point and hopefully indicate a possible deeper compatibility.
p.s. ChatGpt was NOT used in the creation of this profile!
- Personal Details
- Age 64
- Ethnicity Caucasian
- Sexuality Straight
- Gender Male
- Country United Kingdom
- State (U.S. residents only) -
- City Cumbria
- What do I look like?
- My Eyes Brown
- My Hair Gray
- My Body Slim
- Hair Length Medium
- My Lifestyle
- Drinking Socially
- Smoking Never
- What inspired my vegetarian lifestyle? Animal welfare
- Length of time I have been a vegetarian or vegan More than 10 years
- Importance of my partner being a vegetarian or vegan? Very important, I would only date another vegetarian or vegan
- Am I comfortable if my partner eats meat occassionally? No
- How do I manage my nutritional needs? I balance my diet to ensure I get the necessary nutrients
- How often do I cook at home? Every day
- My favorite cuisine Indian
- Do I prefer to eat out or cook my own meals? Both—depending on the situation
- Do I participate in any vegan/vegetarian groups or events? No, but I'm open to it
- Would I date someone who uses animal products (leather, wool, etc.)? Yes
- My favorite charity Cruelty Free International